The Ultimate College Town
- Named America's Capital of Education by Urbanful.
- Named #1 Best College Town by Travel & Leisure.
- Ranked #7 on Outside Magazine's 16 Greatest Places to Live in America.
- Named the next Gig City by US Ignite.
- Named "One of the 10 Great Places for Campus Culture" by USA Today Travel Guide.
A Home Away from Home
Burlington is such a distinctive city, it shows up in the top of many "best" lists. For a city ahead of the trend on the green movement, it's no wonder that the Burlington community is environmental and community oriented, and for being home to 22 LEED-certified buildings.
In a community where strangers say 'hi' on the streets, it's no wonder why you'll feel right at home in Burlington, Vermont.
Burlington Near and Far
- Burlington is compact enough that activities are easy to get to. Church Street, a four-block, cobblestoned, outdoor marketplace cordoned off exclusively for pedestrians; lakeside trails; bike paths and North Beach are only minutes from campus.
- Local residents and students mingle in many of downtown's great restaurants, laid-back cafes and funky shops.
- From campus, it's only 90 minutes to Montréal, three and a half hours to Boston, and five hours to New York City.
- Compete in the Battle for Burlington Ski & Board Competition, or head to the mountains — some of New England's best skiing are just a short drive away.
- Our creative majors are involved in the larger Burlington community, displaying their designs at the South End Art Hop, exhibiting their videos in the International Film Festival and performing their written words as part of the Burlington Book Festival.
Burlington is known for its diverse restaurants that source their ingredients from local farms. Not only is the Vermont Fresh Network, but Vermont has a strong following in the Slow Foods Movement, CSA's and farmer's markets. Take a look at some of the restaurants the city has to offer.
With the help of Champlain's Upside-down curriculum and the Career Services Office, Champlain students get ahead in their careers sooner than other graduates. Read about some of the many opportunities available to our students.