Federal Work Study Job Search
All available Work-Study positions are posted on the college’s online job board, JobSpot by Symplicity. Career Services will start posting Work-Study jobs for the 2014-2015 academic year on August 12th.
New Students – First Year and Transfer
JobSpot by Symplicity accounts will be created for all new students on August 11th. Please check your Champlain College email for JobSpot by Symplicity information, including how to set your password, log-in and how to search for work-study jobs.
All returning students should have JobSpot by Symplicity accounts. If you need help accessing your account, please contact Career Services at 802-860-2720.
HOW TO FIND & APPLY FOR WORK-STUDY JOBS
To begin your work-study job search:
- Go to: champlain-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- Log in with your username and password
- Scroll over “Links to Jobs and Internships” on the blue bar across the top of the page
- Select “Jobs and Internships Posted with Champlain College” (the top option)
- Select “Advanced Search” and scroll down to “Position Type”
- Filter using “Position Type: Federal Work-Study Program” (selected from the list)
- Click on “Search” just below the dropdown.
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study positions.
- Click on a JOB TITLE to view the full description. At the bottom of each job description, select the “Back” button to return to the list of available work-study positions
- Review each position carefully
- If qualified, follow the “How-to-Apply” instructions provided by the hiring supervisor.
- Do NOT use the ‘Apply’ button within the job description.
APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS FOR WHICH YOU ARE QUALIFIED, NOT JUST FOR ONE POSITION.
- Follow up with hiring supervisor(s) a few days after applying to further express your interest as this is a very competitive process
- Continue searching and applying until offered a position
Please note that positions are located both on campus (Champlain College) and off campus (area non-profits).
ATTEND THE WORK-STUDY JOB FAIR
Monday, August 25, 2014
Argosy Gym, IDX Student Life Center
- Many hiring supervisors will be present to meet and discuss opportunities with interested applicants.
- Search JobSpot by Symplicity in advance for posted positions.
- Students should dress to impress!
- Bring copies of your resume, if you have one.
- Career Advisor and LEAD Peer Advisors will be available to assist you!
PEER ADVISOR DROP-IN HOURS
Monday - Friday
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Garden House (small brick building behind Juniper Hall)
Do you need some help using JobSpot, creating/editing your resume or writing a cover letter?
Please come to Career Services and let one of our LEAD Peer Advisors help you.