All available Work-Study positions are posted on the Champlain College online job board, JobSpot. Career Services starts posting work-study jobs for the 2015-2016 academic year on August 12.
New Students — First Year and Transfer
JobSpot accounts will be created for all new students on August 12. Please check your Champlain College email for JobSpot information, including instructions on how to set your password, log-in and search for work-study jobs.
All returning students have JobSpot accounts. If you need help accessing your account, please contact Career Services.
DOWNLOAD THE WORK STUDY CHECKLIST
Attend the Work-Study & Part-Time Job Fair
Monday, August 31, 2015
Argosy Gym, IDX Student Life Center
- Many hiring supervisors will be present to meet and discuss opportunities with interested applicants.
- Search JobSpot by Symplicity in advance for posted positions.
- Students should dress to impress!
- Bring copies of your resume, if you have one.
- Career Advisors and LEAD Peer Advisors will be available to assist you!
Peer Advisor Drop-In Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Garden House (small brick building behind Juniper Hall)
Do you need help using JobSpot, creating/editing your resume or writing a cover letter?
Come to Career Services and let one of our LEAD Peer Advisors help you.
Introductory Resume and Cover Letter Samples
Instructions on Finding & Applying for Work-Study Jobs
To begin your work-study job search:
- Go to JobSpot
- Log in with your username and password
- Scroll over “Links to Jobs and Internships” on the blue bar across the top of the page
- Select “Jobs and Internships Posted with Champlain College” (the top option)
- Select “Advanced Search” and scroll down to “Position Type”
- Filter using “Position Type: Federal Work-Study Program” (selected from the list)
- Click on “Search” just below the dropdown.
This will provide a list of all currently available work-study positions.
- Click on a JOB TITLE to view the full description. At the bottom of each job description, select the “Back” button to return to the list of available work-study positions
- Review each position carefully
- If qualified, follow the “How-to-Apply” instructions provided by the hiring supervisor.
- Do NOT use the "Apply" button within the job description.
Apply to all positions for which you are qualified, not just for one position.
- Follow up with hiring supervisor(s) a few days after applying to further express your interest as this is a very competitive process
- Continue searching and applying until offered a position
Please note that positions are located both on campus (Champlain College) and off campus (area non-profits).
Additional Job Search Assistance
Check out our Major-Specific Career Resources or contact Angela Hyldburg in Career Services at 802.651.5821, email@example.com.