Tracking & Assessment
One of the major functions of Sustain Champlain is to track and assess the College's environmental performance.
Greenhouse Gas Inventories
Champlain College is a client of Sightlines, a facilities asset advisory firm that specializes in tracking sustainability indicators including energy, transportation, waste and greenhouse gas emissions. Each year, Champlain submits our latest figures so that we can track our own progress, compare that to peer institutions, and set benchmarks as we move forward.
- See the 2014 Report here.
- See the 2013 Report here.
- See the 2012 Report here.
- See the 2011 Report here.
- See the 2010 Report here.
- See the 2009 Report here.
- See the 2008 Report here.
In 2008, Champlain College contracted Spring Hill Solutions to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the carbon emissions created from our facilities and operations. This report found that on a per student basis, Champlain College's emissions are some of the lowest calculated for colleges located in the northern United States.
State of the College Reports & Sustainability Action Plan
Created by the Sustainability Director
- 2014-2015 Sustain Champlain Annual Report & Sustainability Action Plan Progress Report
- FY06-FY14 Copy Paper Analysis
- May 2014 Sustainability Action Plan Goals Update
- May 2014 Sustainability Action Plan Metrics Update
- 2014 State of the Campus Environment (Presented at Feb. 2014 Town Hall)
- 2013 Sustainability Action Plan
- 2013-2014 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2012-2013 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2013 State of the Campus Environment (Presented at Feb. 2013 Town Hall)
- 2011-2012 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2010-2011 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2009 State of the Campus Environment
- 2008-2009 Sustain Champlain Annual Report