Tracking & Assessment
One of the major functions of Sustain Champlain is to track and assess the College's environmental performance.
Greenhouse Gas Inventories
Champlain College is a client of Sightlines, a facilities asset advisory firm that specializes in tracking sustainability indicators including energy, transportation, waste and greenhouse gas emissions. Each year, Champlain submits our latest figures so that we can track our own progress, compare that to peer institutions, and set benchmarks as we move forward.
- See the 2012 Report here.
- See the 2011 Report here.
- See the 2010 Report here.
- See the 2009 Report here.
- See the 2008 Report here.
In 2008, Champlain College contracted Spring Hill Solutions to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the carbon emissions created from our facilities and operations. This report found that on a per student basis, Champlain College's emissions are some of the lowest calculated for colleges located in the northern United States.
State of the College Reports
Created by the Sustainability Director
- FY06-FY13 Copy Paper Analysis
- 2012-2013 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2013 State of the Campus Environment (Presented at Feb. 2013 Town Hall)
- 2011-2012 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2010-2011 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
- 2009 State of the Campus Environment
- 2008-2009 Sustain Champlain Annual Report
2011-2012 SUSTAIN CHAMPLAIN MEETING PRESENTATIONS & NOTES
This was an integral step in drafting our Sustainability Action Plan. At each meeting, the Advisory Team received background information on the topic, including past work completed, reports, plans, etc. and then the team brainstormed goals and specific, tangible outcomes with targets related to that topic in the immediate range (by 2015) and longer-term range (by 2020). Ideas were collected, reviewed and prioritized by a smaller group.
- 9/15/11- Overview & Defining Sustainability at Champlain
- 10/12/11- Transportation
- 11/10/11- Energy & Water
- 12/8/11- Dining
- 1/19/12- Social Justice, Co-Curricular Education & Public Engagement
- 2/16/12- Curriculum
- 3/15/12- Waste Reduction
- 4/19/12- Grounds & Purchasing
- 5/1/12- Draft Review and Sustainability Action Plan (SAP) Draft as of May 2, 2012