With governments, businesses, institutions, organizations and individuals increasingly relying on the data stored and supplied by digital technologies, job opportunities for those able to build, maintain and defend the networks that deliver this information are exploding.
Champlain's Computer Networking & Cybersecurity has been designated a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency, and this program answers the growing market demand for expertise in:
- Traditional network and security protocols
- Wireless networking
- CyberSecurity at all levels
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Networking Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking your Introduction to Networking/Security; Computer & Network Security; and Operating Systems as well as three other courses from the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity Curriculum in your first year.
- Learn about the issues that affect enterprise information systems from professionals who manage, design and secure computer network environments. Our field-tested Computer Networking & Cybersecurity faculty will give you the hands-on technical skills you need stand out in the field. Read a faculty profile.
- Use hands-on lab opportunities to gain proficiency in server software installation, systems administration functions, networks and network services configurations, and LAN and WAN technology and protocols. Learn the other skills you will master in the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity major.
- Acquire practical experience via part-time employment at local employers. Take advantage of our extensive Computer Networking & Cybersecurity internship and part-time job connections.
- Tailor your degree program with a specialization in Cyber Security or Network Administration, which will give you cutting-edge skills and an extra advantage upon entering the job market.
- Get global perspectives by taking a semester abroad. The curriculum has been designed to enable you to study for a semester abroad at a Champlain campus in either Montreal, Canada, or Dublin, Ireland, or at anywhere in the world through our study abroad partners.
- Explore an open field of job possibilities as a Computer Networking & Cybersecurity program graduate. In the class of 2012, 91% secured full-time jobs in the field within one month of graduation. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.