Creating impregnable connections for data transfer and developing the means to stop infiltrators in their tracks are the types of technical quests that stir the passion of students in the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity major.
The fields of networking, systems administration and security are becoming more complex as society, industry and government agencies come to rely on the digital infrastructure. Champlain's Computer Networking & Cybersecurity Bachelor of Science program has been designated a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency, and this program will give you an extensive grounding in traditional network and security protocols, and prepare you for successful encounters with:
- Traditional network and security protocols
- Wireless networking
- Cybersecurity at all levels
You can specialize in Network Administration, where you learn to design, implement and maintain the infrastructure; or Cybersecurity, which focuses on detection and prevention of cyberattacks.
Champlain Computer Networking & Cybersecurity major featured on local news program in Bangor, Maine for the Northeast Regional Cyber Defense Competition
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Networking Experience
- Explore an open field of job possibilities as a Computer Networking & Cybersecurity program graduate. In the class of 2013, 93% of those who responded to our annual Employment survey were employed in a job relevant to their career goals within a year of graduating. Envision your Career Success.
- Take Introduction to Networking/Security, Computer & Network Security and Operating Systems as well as three other courses from the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity Curriculum in your first year, thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum.
- Learn from our field-tested Computer Networking & Cybersecurity faculty, who will give you the hands-on technical skills you need stand out in the field.
- Use hands-on lab opportunities to gain proficiency in server software installation, systems administration functions, networks and network services configurations, and LAN and WAN technology and protocols. Learn the other skills you will master in the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity major.
- Take advantage of our extensive Computer Networking & Cybersecurity internship and part-time job connections.
- Tailor your degree program with a specialization in Cyber Security or Network Administration, which will give you cutting-edge skills and an extra advantage upon entering the job market.
- Get global perspectives by taking a semester abroad at a Champlain campus in either Montreal, Canada, or Dublin, Ireland, or at anywhere in the world through our study abroad partners.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.