A private college established in 1878, Champlain College is a national leader in preparing passionate students for rewarding careers and meaningful lives.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Areas of Study: Over 80 subject areas, including undergraduate majors, minors and specializations as well as online and on-campus graduate degree programs and certificates.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 15:1
- Enrollment: 2,200 traditional undergraduate students from 44 states and 18 countries.
- Male-to-female ratio: 62% male, 38% female.
- Average class size: 16 (maximum 30).
- Number of Clubs, Activities and Organizations: 50+
- Employment Rate: 94% of the Class of 2017 achieved career success within six months of graduation.
- Prime Location: 214 miles to Boston. 104 miles to Montreal. 300 miles to New York City.
- Academic Philosophy: True learning occurs when information and experience combine to create knowledge. An emphasis on career preparation and continuous self-improvement creates a direct path to professional success and a rewarding life.
- Undergraduate Studies: Individually tailored career-focused programs blend transformative classroom teaching rooted in an understanding of tomorrow's workplace with active experiences, multidisciplinary studies and life skills training.
- Undergraduate Degrees: Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Social Work.
- Online Degrees & Continuing Education: This faster, more affordable approach to advanced education offers focused, self-directed learning on any schedule and credit for prior work or college experience.
- Graduate Studies: Flexible online learning programs deliver the latest management skills and concepts in key disciplines while using work experiences to drive understanding of theory. On-campus programs in Emergent Media allow access to our state-of-the-art Emergent Media Center.
- Graduate Degrees: Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Fine Art and Master of Science.
- Upside-Down Curriculum: Unique educational architecture enables first-year students to immediately take significant courses in their major.
- Accolades & Rankings: U.S. News & World Report named Champlain "Most Innovative School" in the North for the third year in a row in its "America's Best Colleges" 2018 regional rankings. Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018 recognizes Champlain as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada and Great Britain, and Champlain is included in The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges" and "Best Northeastern" colleges in 2018. Champlain is a College of Distinction 2018 for "excellence in undergraduate education." Champlain was also named one of the "Best Colleges for Veterans" by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2017 and is ranked #12 in the country for percentage of students studying abroad by the Institute of International Education. The Atlantic also featured Champlain as the model of an "ideal college" in an article by education expert and writer, John Tierney.
- Internships: Available in all majors.
- Main Campus: Champlain's stunning, main residential campus is located on 22 acres in Burlington, Vermont's Hill Section and is frequently cited in national publications and opinion polls as one of America's Best College Towns. Other accolades include: #2 "Happiest and Healthiest Cities in the U.S.," one of America's Prettiest Cities, one of America's Best Cities for the Next Decade, one of the Top Adventure Towns in the country, among the top 20 creative class metros, #2 Greatest Place to Live, one of the Most Promising Tech Hubs and #8 Best Cities for Career Opportunities. Burlington is also the first U.S. city to run 100% on sustainable energy and was named a White House TechHire community as part of a multi-sector White House initiative in 2016.
- Housing: First-year students are housed in 20 restored Victorian-era mansions whose historical character is complemented by wireless and other technologies. Additional residential options include modern apartments and suites.
- International Programs: Academic centers in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland, and foreign study programs all over the world, including China, Italy; Argentina, Scotland and New Zealand; offer guided-immersion study, internships and service-learning experiences.
- Percentage of Students Who Study Abroad: 56%
- Fitness: Full student fitness center with classes, organized outings like ice and rock climbing, travel excursions, and an extensive roster of intramural and club sports, including basketball, soccer, volleyball, hockey, rugby and lacrosse.
- Recreation: Located near hundreds of miles of ski, snowboard, hiking and mountain bike trails.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid: Champlain College awards scholarships based on academic achievement and financial need.