NEW MINOR BEGINNING FALL 2018
WHY MINOR IN CONFLICT MANAGEMENT?
Life is complicated. Differences occur and conflicts happen, but it's what you do about it that makes a difference.
With the 15-credit Conflict Management minor on your résumé, you can effectively and constructively manage conflict in your work, community and personal life, while effectively advocating for your own needs. In the Conflict Management minor you will:
- Learn active listening skills to help manage conflicts in a productive way, with a focus on clear communication.
- Develop a coherent analysis of a conflict and develop a plan for working with the key issues.
- Negotiate more effectively.
- Use mediation and conflict engagement skills fluidly and proficiently.
- Attend effectively to your own emotional responses during mediation and other conflict engagement processes.
- Learn how to properly stage an intervention between the conflicting parties and gain the best results possible.
- Understand and design interventions to accommodate cultural issues that may impact a conflict intervention.
CLASSES IN THIS MINOR INCLUDE:
Choose one of the following:
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MINOR?
Contact Julian Portilla
Phone: (802) 865-5473