Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) is an advocate for the Champlain College community and acts as a liaison for students to the Administration, Staff, and Faculty. The SGA strives to effect change on behalf of the students, thereby creating a more enjoyable environment and a promising future. The SGA offers opportunities for leadership development, involvement, and personal growth within Champlain College.
The SGA Website was created for the communication and transparency of the current SGA operations. Learn about the SGA bylaws and standing rules or read the weekly-recorded House of Representative minutes in the archives. Discover what committees the SGA is a part of and how you can get involved. Read blog posts about what SGA members are doing for their campus engagement events. Register your clubs on campus and receive aid for your student projects, initiatives, and opportunities through grant funding. Check out the SGA’s Frequently Asked Questions to learn even more!
The SGA regularly updates the Champlain College Student Government Association Facebook Page with upcoming events, elections, and important student body reminders.
Stay informed and stay connected to the Champlain SGA!
THE 2017–2018 STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION
The SGA is composed of the Cabinet and the House of Representatives. The House of Representatives financially supports students and clubs through the allocation of the grant fund, allowing them to participate in activities that they would otherwise be unable to due to lack of finances. In addition, the House of Representatives is responsible for facilitating semesterly events for their respective constituents to further engage with the student body. The Cabinet, as a collective, oversees student activities operations, finances, and communications, launches diversity initiatives, as well as facilitates the House of Representatives. All members of the SGA serve on numerous committees ranging from the College Council to the Green Revolving Fund.
- President: Denzel Nadim
- Vice President: Maria Morales
- Director of Communications: Erin Warner
- Director of Clubs: Quinn Kanner
- Director of Diversity & Engagement: Bekemeh Airewele
- Director of Finance: Caitlyn Dangvu
- Director of Operations: Abi Sesay
House of Representatives
- Mariama Jallow (Academic Diversity Representative)
- Abigail Lewis (CCM Representative)
- Ryan Littleton (CCM Representative)
- Brandon Sweet (CCM Representative)
- Riaz Clark (EHS Representative)
- Emma Santos (EHS Representative)
- Shelsea Henry(ITS Representative)
- Cecilia Pohlar (ITS Representative)
- Kyle Vigneau (SSB Representative)
- Aidan Saunders (Campus Engagement Representative)
- Gabe Ingman (Senior Representative)
- Liza Ryan (Junior Representative)
- Benjamin Sinclair (Sophomore Representative)
- Kenneth Bufford (Incoming Student Representative)
- Emma Manning (Incoming Student Representative)
- Aidan Wasserman (Incoming Student Representative)
Looking to Reach Out?
Every SGA member must hold office hours in Hearthstone (IDX 313) across from Fireside Lounge. These office hours are open for students to drop-in and ask any and all questions about the SGA, student activities, or just voice opinions about campus life. Additionally, the SGA House of Representatives meetings every Monday from 3:30–5:15 PM in CCM Room 424 are open for student observation.