A career in accounting has been described by many as one of the best opportunities for employment; both U.S. News & World Report (2013) and Fortune (2011) consider accounting positions to be among the "hottest jobs." As the link that connects all businesses, accounting is in high demand in a huge range of fields, and your accounting degree positions you for versatility in your career.
The Champlain Accounting Bachelor of Science program and its faculty will give you everything you need to be career-ready to enter the field. Our faculty has invaluable business experience, with 100 collective years of teaching accounting—a history of outstanding instruction. Champlain's Accounting faculty will take a personal interest in your goals and work with you to create the learning opportunities and internships that prepare you to pursue the many career opportunities in public, captive, private and governmental accounting.
At Champlain, we offer a multifaceted accounting education with which you'll:
- learn how to prepare and analyze financial statements
- understand how to prepare tax returns and apply the latest information systems to the processing of financial data
- develop important communication, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills essential to success in the field
The Robert P. Stiller School of Business not only prepares you exceptionally well in your Accounting major, but also gives you a four-year, cross-business education that answers the marketplace demand for business school graduates with demonstrable knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in all the disciplines that make up the field of business including:
- Human resources
- Information systems and technologies
Integrate Classroom Theory with Actual Experience
- Thanks to the Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Financial Accounting, Quantitative Language of Business and at least two other courses from the Accounting curriculum in your first year.
- Our faculty members understand how the business environment works because they have been there. Learn from our field-tested Accounting faculty who have academic and professional experience in the fields they teach.
- Become a polished business professional through our year-longProfessional Training Program, which is modeled on the corporate management training programs of Fortune 500 companies.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Accounting internship opportunities.
- Spend a semester studying at either our Dublin or Montreal campuses, or anyplace in the world through our study-abroad partnership programs. Study abroad is built right into the program!
- Spend your summer interning in China with The Freeman Foundation grant-open to all Stiller School majors.
- During your senior year, you can choose to pursue a certificate in Advanced Global Studies - open to all Stiller School majors - through Champlain's agreement with the renowned Thunderbird School of Global Management. Your credits will apply toward both your Champlain degree and a Thunderbird master's program.
- This major will teach you the fundamental principles needed in accounting professions. Learn the other skills you will master in the Accounting Major.
- Explore a variety of career options, from CPA to CMAs and more; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.