To be fully considered for admission into the Graphic Design & Digital Media major, students must submit the following to Slideroom for Portfolio Review:
- One portfolio consisting of 5 pieces. You may submit up to 10 pieces by making one of the files a multiple page .pdf if you wish. Please include a brief description of each piece. NOTE: Please do not submit more than 10 pieces in total.
- Your portfolio must include a minimum of 2 examples of drawing, rendered in pencil, charcoal or ink, or any combination. Please include a brief written description of each.
- The remaining pieces can be photos or scans of original works, or digital files in any of the accepted types. Please include a brief written description of each.
- Choose 1 piece from your portfolio, and write a concise narrative statement (between 150 - 250 words) about the work that answers the following :
- Under what circumstances was the piece created (class project, for personal pleasure, for an art display, etc.)?
- Tell us about your process for creating it. Which mediums did you use? How does the piece demonstrate your passion for designing and creating?
- What was most enjoyable and challenging part of the process when you created the piece?
- What do you think the piece tells us about you as a person? How does it convey your values, your abilities and your aspirations?
NOTE: Please be sure to indicate which piece you are writing about.
Students applying to the Graphic Design & Digital Media (BFA) major should demonstrate the depth of your artistic talent, summarize your creative experiences and endeavors, and most importantly, highlight your level of commitment to creating visual work. Please contact your Admission Counselor for specific questions on the Graphic Design & Digital Media Portfolio Review requirement.