By education and trade, I am a programmer and engineer. My academic interests are interdisciplinary. I am a technologist who chooses to think critically about technology and encourages others to do the same.
I serve as Faculty Advisor for the ACM student chapter at Champlain College.
Technical Skills & Interests
C/C++, Assembly, Microcontrollers, Web frameworks, Computer Architecture, Text Mining, Software Engineering, Computing Education, Computing Ethics, Information Theory, History, Social Movements, and all things Watches.
- Assembly Programming & Computer Architecture for Software Engineers
- Watch Complications website and YouTube channel
- Owner and Watchmaker at Ten Six Watches
- WordSnapper - C++ text mining application
- Hall, B. R. & Slonka, K. J. (2020). Assembly Programming and Computer Architecture for Software Engineers (2nd ed.). Burlington, VT: Prospect Press.
- Hall, B. R. & Slonka, K. J. (2018). Assembly Programming and Computer Architecture for Software Engineers. Burlington, VT: Prospect Press.
- Hall, B. R. (2015) A snapshot of the subject matter of computing ethics. In Proceedings of the 21st IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS '15). Dublin, IE: IEEE. doi: 10.1109/ISTAS.2015.7439396
- Hall, B. R. (2014). A synthesized definition of computer ethics. ACM Computers and Society, 44(3), 21-35. doi:10.1145/2684097.2684102
- Chen, W. K., & Hall, B. R. (2013). Applying software engineering in CS1. In Proceedings of the 18th Annual Conference on Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE '13), Canterbury, UK. ACM. doi:10.1145/2462476.2462480
- Hall, B. R. (2012). Google critique: An application of depoliticization theory. Technology in Society, 34(3), 251-255. doi:10.1016/j.techsoc.2012.07.003