If you'd like to pursue Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure, we provide options that allow you to meet the 150 credit-hour requirement for CPA eligibility. Our program also provides the skills and knowledge needed to pursue Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification and to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam.
Champlain College's Career Collaborative team surveys our alumni six months after graduation to find out how job searches are going and where students are working.
- 95% of Accounting majors who responded from the Class of 2019 are either employed or continuing their education within six months of graduating.
- 100% of those graduates who are employed indicated that their jobs are related to their career goals.
Our graduates are thriving, and their Champlain education prepared them with real-world experience that sets them apart in their field.
Champlain Accounting Graduates Are Ready.
In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, each of Champlain's career-focused majors help our students create highly marketable résumés and the skills they need to thrive.
- All members of the Accounting faculty have real-world experience beyond instructing, which is an essential factor in our students getting the most relevant education in the field.
- You'll have many opportunities to gain hands-on experience through in-class projects, programs like the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, and paid peer tutor positions in the Accounting & Finance Lab on campus.
- Gain great accounting experience and immersion starting in your first-semester classes through our Upside-Down Curriculum.
- Champlain College Accounting students are prized interns, with many securing paid internships at renowned firms such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG and Marsh, as well as at established local firms.
- Many of Champlain's Accounting students secured jobs before graduation through our on-campus recruiting events, which include employers from CPA firms, captive insurance management companies and other industries.
- Job placements for our Champlain Accounting graduates have been astounding year after year; 95% of Accounting graduates from the Class of 2019 are employed or continuing their education within six months of graduating, and of those employed, 100% are in positions relevant to their career goals.
Recent Accounting graduates have accepted various positions, including:
- Cohos Advisors // Staff Accountant // Lancaster, NH
- Data Innovations // Accounting Analyst // South Burlington, VT
- New York Life // Agent // Pittsburgh, PA
- Quest Captive Management LLC // Staff Accountant // Williston, VT
- Rhino Foods // Financial Accountant // Burlington, VT
- RSM US LLP // Assurance Associate // Boston, MA
- Setra Systems, Inc. // Accounts Receivable Specialist // Boxborough, MA
- Tetra Tech // Accounting Specialist // Burlington, VT
Champlain College Class of 2019 Joins the Workforce
Champlain's Career Collaborative team surveys alumni six months after graduation to find out how job searches are going. The College-wide results below are based on an outstanding 91% response rate—significantly higher than most post-graduation college surveys.
- 91% are either employed or continuing their education within six months after graduating.
- 88% of the graduates who are employed indicated that their jobs are related to their career goals.
- 89% also indicated that they had completed one or more internships or other experiential learning opportunities before graduation.
The Results Are Clear
Our graduates are thriving; their Champlain education prepared them with real-world experience that sets them apart in their field.