Champlain's hands-on approach to a career-focused education gives you an impressive background that comes with a stellar résumé.
In addition to being excellent educators, our Finance faculty have relevant experience in the field, providing students with the most current education possible. With instructors who can tell you what to expect in the workplace and what it takes to really do a job well, you'll be a step ahead of the competition when you graduate.
Throughout your four years at Champlain, you'll be learning through hands-on projects and real client work. You'll even gain experience in managing an investment portfolio through Champlain's Student Managed Investment Fund.
Through this combination of exemplary instruction and firsthand experience, you'll be well prepared for a successful career in finance as soon as you graduate.
Champlain Finance Graduates Are Ready
In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, each of Champlain's career-focused majors features learning opportunities and programs that help our students create highly marketable résumés.
- Students have many opportunities to gain hands-on experience through in-class projects, Champlain's Center for Financial Literacy, and InSight's Financial Sophistication track.
- Champlain Finance majors are very successful with internships. Many secure paid internships with renowned firms, established regional firms, investment banks, insurance companies, security firms, venture capitalists, wealth managers, and corporate finance departments. Finance students can also apply for summer internships in Shanghai, China, through the Freeman Foundation Grant.
- Students in the Finance & Accounting double major do extraordinarily well on the CPA exams. Students interested in taking the CPA exam have a variety of options for accumulating extra credits in working toward or meeting the 150-credit-hour prerequisite, and/or participating in one of Champlain's articulation agreements with master's programs at Clarkson, SNHU, NYU, and other esteemed schools.
Recent Finance graduates have accepted various positions, including:
- Mascoma Bank // Relationship Banker // Burlington, VT
- People's United Bank // Security Processing Specialist // Williston, VT
- Quinnipiac River Marina // Bookkeeper // New Haven, CT
- State of Vermont // Financial Specialist // Montpelier, VT
- Texas Gas Service // Rates Analyst I // Austin, TX