At Champlain, you learn how to advocate for yourself in your career and negotiate compensation. You'll also learn critical finance skills, such as credit management, budgeting, and cost-of-living analysis. We believe this kind of proficiency is an important part of building a rewarding career and personal life.
With an impressive portfolio, professional connections, and four years of hands-on design work behind you, you'll be an outstanding candidate in your field by the time you graduate.
Champlain Graphic Design & Visual Communication Graduates Are Ready
- You'll mature as a graphic designer, mastering the basics of form, color, composition, typography, photography, layout, and motion graphics.
- In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, each of Champlain's career-focused majors feature skill-building, hands-on learning opportunities, and other major-specific programs that help our students create highly marketable résumés.
- Receive intensive personal support from a devoted faculty that provides teaching excellence, professional knowledge, and attentive advising.
- Recently, students have had opportunities to intern at leading companies in the Burlington area and beyond, including Oxbow Creative, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation, Keurig Green Mountain, Hasbro, Nestle Waters, Snap Leeson, Stoller Design Group, and Trip Advisor.
Career outcomes for Graphic Design & Digital Media* graduates are outstanding.
In fact, 88% of graduates in the Class of 2019 are employed within six months of graduating.
Recent graduates have found success working for companies such as:
- Mic // Motion Graphics Designer // New York, NY
- Norris Design // Graphic Designer // Denver, CO
- Paragon Sports // Junior Graphic Designer // New York, NY
- MOD Worldwide // Designer // Philadelphia, PA
- Atlantic Records // Motion Designer // Manhattan, NY
- Brandthropology // Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager // Burlington, VT
- KSV // Creative Technologist // New York, NY
- Darn Tough Vermont // Product Designer // Northfield, VT
*The program name change to Graphic Design & Visual Communication will be effective Fall 2021.
Champlain College Class of 2019 Joins the Workforce
Champlain's Career Collaborative team surveys alumni six months after graduation to find out how job searches are going. The College-wide results below are based on an outstanding 91% response rate—significantly higher than most post-graduation college surveys.
- 91% are either employed or continuing their education within six months after graduating.
- 88% of the graduates who are employed indicated that their jobs are related to their career goals.
- 89% also indicated that they had completed one or more internships or other experiential learning opportunities before graduation.
The Results Are Clear
Our graduates are thriving; their Champlain education prepared them with real-world experience that sets them apart in their field.