The field of game design is part of an exploding industry that is expanding every day, but there's a catch: only the most highly qualified graduates will gain entrance, so getting the right combination of education and experience will be critical to your success.
Champlain College prepares its students with the skill set to achieve just that with its Bachelor of Science Game Design program.
- Systems Design: Design and build game systems to create innovative player experiences.
- Level Design: Craft the minute-by-minute experiences in 2D and 3D levels.
- Narrative Design: Tell the game story through the world, characters and gameplay.
- Game Engine Scripting: Explore a variety of game engines, adding valuable programming tools to your skill set.
- Studio Collaboration: Build games all four years, collaborating with artists, programmers, designers and producers.
To see student work and find out more, visit: gamestudio.champlain.edu
ADMISSION PREREQUISITE: PORTFOLIO
Master the Art of Game Design
- As a Game Designer in the Game Studio at Champlain College, you will develop your talents and master the skills and competencies needed to launch a successful career in the game industry.
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Game History & Development and Introduction to Game Design, as well as at least two other courses from the Game design curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our industry-vetted Game Design faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through careers services and internship opportunities.
- Present your finished games at the Annual Game Development Senior Show, attended by recruiters from companies such as Ubisoft, Gameloft Montreal, Gameloft New York, Dreamkind, Hit Point Studios, Turbine, Behavior (Montreal) and Gamepub.
- Gain a global perspective by taking a semester abroad. Opportunities are built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying in Montreal Canada, the second-largest game development center in North America; You can also choose to study at our Dublin campus, or anywhere in the world through our study-abroad partners.
- You are part of the generation that changed how and where we view media, now become part in determining its future. Envision your career success.
- Find out what you need to know to apply to this popular major.