Exchange Students

For non-degree students currently enrolled at an institution abroad who wish to study at Champlain College for a semester or a full year.

Expand All
Collapse All

In order to apply you must meet the eligibility requirements. 

You may apply if you:

  • Are a student at one of Champlain College's exchange partners. You will need to contact your international office to find out if you are eligible.
  • Are nominated by your home institution.
  • Have proof of funds to cover the program.
  • Meet the English language requirements.
  • Have the required health insurance for study in the U.S.
  • Complete all forms/contracts by the deadlines assigned by Champlain College.
Link to this FAQ
  • Spring (January - May): Deadline is October 1
  • Fall (August - December): Deadline is April 1
Link to this FAQ

In many exchange agreements, the cost of tuition is covered by Champlain College, but some exchange agreements differ or may cover additional items. See your home university international office for more details.

Link to this FAQ

Once you have been nominated by your home institution, the Director of the Office of International Student Services (OISS) will reach out to you via email with instructions on how to apply. 

Generally, these documents are required to complete an exchange application for Champlain College:

  1. Completed Champlain College Exchange Application
  2. Copy of your current, valid passport's biographical page
  3. Proof of financial support
  4. Contract of Participation Form
  5. Proof of English Language Proficiency Form
  6. Statement of Health Insurance Coverage Form
  7. Copy of your transcript

All documents should be scanned and sent directly to Jessa Karki, Director, Office of International Student Services at

Link to this FAQ