Transfer International Students

Please apply as a transfer international student if you have attended university.

How to Apply as an International Transfer Student


Fill Out an Application for FREE

You can apply to Champlain College using the Common Application or the Champlain College Application. Both are FREE. Regardless of which you choose, all applications are considered equally. Please do not submit more than one application for admission.

Common Application Champlain College Application


Send Us Your Academic Records

Academic Transcripts

1- Send Secondary School Documents

Please have your secondary school upload your transcripts into the Common App or Champlain College application through Parchment or SCOIR. You can also directly email scanned copies of original documents or certified copies of academic transcripts, mark sheets, grade reports, diplomas or certificates, and national standardized examination results (if available) to Submissions should be translated into English.

2 - Send University (Universities - if there are more than one) Documents/Official transcripts/mark sheets from all post-secondary institutions attended, along with official English translations. These are required whether or not transfer credit is desired.

  • University (Universities) Abroad - Please have your university (universities - if more than one) abroad send your official transcripts/marks sheets (with English translations) via email to
  • University (Universities) within the U.S. - Please have your university (universities - if more than one) within the U.S. send official transcripts/marks sheets with English translation in one of the acceptable ways: 

If accepted, you will be required to bring official transcripts and other documents to be verified.


If you are applying to the Creative Media, Filmmaking, Game Art, Game Design, or Graphic Design & Visual Communication majors, please send us your portfolio. View our portfolio requirements.


Provide Proof of English Proficiency

For students whose native language is not English, proof of English proficiency is required. There are multiple ways to satisfy this requirement. Please have an official test score report sent to Champlain College in order to be considered for direct admission to the undergraduate program at Champlain. Our school's code for the TOEFL is 3291.

  • TOEFL (paper-based): 550 (no sub score lower than 50)
  • TOEFL (internet-based - iBT): 79+ (no sub score lower than 14)
  • IELTS Academic: 6.5 (no sub score lower than 5.5)
  • PTE: 58
  • SAT Verbal: 500+
  • British 'O' Level English Pass: A-C
  • Cambridge Assessment English:  C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency
  • Duolingo: score of 105+ required.
  • Students who have been entirely educated in English are exempt.
  • High school or college students who have had at least 3 years of instruction in English at an accredited U.S. college/university/high school may supply official transcripts to see if they might be able to waive the English Proficiency requirement.

If you have any questions about these tests or have taken another English language test not listed here, please reach out to Jessa Karki at to discuss.

Important Note: The College reserves the right to request that an international student take a test to determine the student's level of English proficiency even if the student has submitted the required documentation to waive English proficiency listed above.


Letters of Recommendation

We require two letters of recommendation. One recommendation should be from your school counselor and the other recommendation should be from someone who can best highlight your academic potential.

Expand All
Collapse All

Champlain College offers generous merit-based scholarships for international students between $1,000 - $30,000 USD each year that renew themselves. This can significantly bring down the cost of Champlain, within that of our competitors. Our cost of attendance without merit-based financial aid is around $64,000 USD per year. 

Champlain College does not offer need-based financial aid or full tuition scholarships at this time for international students. 

International students are not eligible for federal financial aid (FAFSA) or state aid programs.

If accepted to Champlain College, an international student application will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships and run through our institutional merit-based scholarship system—no additional forms necessary!

Link to this FAQ

If you decide to come to Champlain College, a Form I-20 from Champlain College will allow you to obtain/renew an F-1 student visa, which will allow you to study full-time in a degree-seeking program at Champlain College.

For more information on the visa and Form I-20 processes or services for international students at Champlain, please contact Jessa Karki at

Link to this FAQ

Photo of International Admissions Counselor, Jessa KarkiJessa Karki

Director, Office of International Student Services & International Admissions Counselor
+1 (802) 318-0365 (Cell/WhatsApp)

Link to this FAQ

Transfer Credit

Champlain College has contracted with ECE to evaluate your university credentials. As part of the acceptance process, we will request that you sign a consent form and we will pay for and send your credentials to ECE for review, at no cost to you. Please allow 2 weeks for this process.