Leave your car (or your parents' car) at home and make the trip to Champlain via mass transit such as plane, train, or bus! A few options are detailed below.
Burlington International Airport — To get to the airport using the city bus (free for Champlainers using your ID card):Use Google Maps to plan it out. Select the bus icon at the top, choose the day and time and it will show you where to walk to the stop and which line to catch.
- #11 Airport - Use the stop at the corner of College Street and South Willard Street and take bus 11 Airport to the terminal.
- #1 Williston - Alternatively, If you don't mind a short walk, you can take bus #1 - Williston all the way to the corner of Aiport Drive and Kennedy Drive and then walk 0.5 miles (9 minutes) to the airport along Airport Drive. See details and map.
Amtrak — Two stations: Burlington and Essex Junction.
- The Amtrak "Ethan Allen Express" will depart Burlington daily to New York City via Albany. This train is slated to depart at 10:10 AM every morning and arive back in Burlington at 9:55 PM every evening.
- To get to the Burlington Amtrak station, use the city bus (free for Champlain using your ID card):
- Catch GMT's #8 City Loop from the "Maple Street at South Willard Street" stop (opposite Bader Hall on Maple St.) and ride to the "Battery Street at Collge Street" stop. The Burlington Amtrak Station is right across the street at 1 Main Street.
- The Amtrak "Vermonter" departs Essex Junction, heading south to Washington D.C. via MA, CT, NY. This train leaves at 9:44 AM every morning and arrives in Essex Junction at 8:18 PM every evening, 7 days per week.
- Champlain College operates a free shuttle from Campus to the Essex Junction station at the start and end of every school break. Students are emailed Amtrak shuttle schedules.
- During non-break times: To get to (and from) the Essex Junction Amtrak station, use the city bus (free for Champlain using your ID card):
- Walk to Pearl Street (stop on corner of S. Willard and Pearl) or go to the Downtown Transit Center in Burlington (on upper Saint Paul Street).
- Take #2 - Essex Junction to Amtrak (the last stop on the route).
- FROM: Take the #2 bus at the Amtrak station to Burlington. The bus departure times after the Amtrak has arrived are:
- 8:35, 9:50 and 11:05 PM M-Sat
- NO SERVICE on Sundays.
Go! Vermont Bus Network — Helps you compare costs and schedules for bus travel between several New England/New York cities.
Vermont Translines — Daily service to Albany, NY via Rutland, Manchester and Bennington.
Greyhound — There are two stops in the area: the Burlington Airport AND on Pearl Street at the Downtown Transit Center.
Concord Coachlines — Service from Boston's South Station to various cities in New Hampshire and Maine. Can be used for connections from Concord, NH north.
Megabus — Daily service to Boston. A great low cost, direct way to get to South Station in Boston.
CoTo Travel — Service during school breaks only. For Fall 2023, CoTo will provide service to/from Burlington and the following locations:
- Massachusetts: Tyngsborough, MA, Newton, MA & Logan Airport
- Connecticut: Hartford, CT & Bridgeport, CT
- New York: Albany, NY & White Plains, NY
- New Jersey: Montvale, NJ, Woodbridge, NJ & Robbinsville, NJ
- Pennsylvania: King of Prussia, PA
Please note: Champlain College does not have official relationships with these businesses (except for partnering with GMT) and are shown for informational purposes only. Times may vary or change so please consult the schedules for each provider directly before planning a trip.