Campus Public Safety (CPS) is located in Durick Hall at 174 South Willard Street and can be reached at (802) 865-6465.
An important part of providing a world-class education is fostering an environment that is conducive to learning, and safety is key to that. Our goal is to ensure the Champlain campus is a safe and thriving community in which to live, work, and study.
What to Know About CPS
- The department consists of nine full-time members who share the primary objective of providing a safe and secure environment through constant patrols, emergency response, investigations, and neighborhood networking.
- Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They are trained public safety professionals who provide coverage for the Champlain campus area.
- All personnel are trained in First Aid, CPR, and are equipped with life-saving AED devices and digitally secure two-way radios.
- The department has a close working relationship with the Burlington and University of Vermont police departments and is in contact with various law enforcement agencies relating to issues affecting the campus and the local Burlington community.
- CPS provides a "Safety First" and a "How to Respond to an Active Shooter" presentation to all first-year and transfer students during New Student Orientation.
- CPS has a Campus Emergency Resources Guide outlining helpful hints for various types of emergencies.
What to Know About Campus Emergencies and Closures
In the event there is a school closing due to weather, announcements will be made via the following:
Champlain College takes emergency planning and preparedness seriously. We are committed to a goal of minimizing the educational and social disruption for our students, faculty, and staff. A committee representing all aspects of Champlain College continuously works together to ensure the College is prepared for a range of emergencies.
Links to Resources