Residential Life and Student Activities
Finding Your Place on Campus Begins by Feeling at Home
At Champlain, you won't see boring, run-of-the-mill dorms.
Instead, you'll find restored Victorian-era mansions with curved staircases, intricate woodwork, and expansive windows looking out over Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. Champlain's unique residence halls are completely different from anything you'll see on other college campuses.
If you are a Current Student applying to be a Resident Assistant, looking for information about housing selection, or in need of any other information from the Office of Residential Life and Student Activities, please go to the Office of Housing and Residential Life page under the Current Students section of the site.
Explore our Amazing Residence Halls
- All first-year students live in one of our beautiful, Victorian-era mansions on central campus.
- Our contemporary, suite-style accommodations, right on or within walking distance to campus, can't be beat.
- For upper-class students, our apartment-style residence halls are ideal for getting a taste for off-campus life.
Our Live-in Staff Help You Succeed
Residence halls have both live-in professional staff and student resident assistants (RAs) to help you settle in, navigate campus, and get to know the Burlington area. RAs plan special activities throughout the academic year to give every residential student opportunities to learn something new, have fun, support the community, and meet other students.
Champlain residence halls include:
- Ultrafast wireless internet
- Access to a shared gigabit connection as part of Gig College
- Live and on-demand streaming TV and movies
- Desk, dresser, and closet space for each student
- Extra-long twin beds (these can be bunked/lofted or set up separately)
- Common microwaves
- Coin-operated laundry machines
- Hardwired fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
Residential Life At a Glance
- 25 architecturally distinctive Residence Halls
- Adirondack Hall, Butler Hall, Juniper Hall, Lakeview Hall, and Valcour Hall: available exclusively to Sophomores
- 194 St. Paul Street Apartments: a downtown location available to Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors
- 308 Maple: available to 14 students in the substance-free program
- Co-ed Residence Halls
- Residential Life staff living in each building
- 2,000 Full-time Students; 1,300+ of those are Residential Students
If you have questions or want more information, please e-mail Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.