WHY CHOOSE TO MINOR IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION?
No matter what your major is, the knowledge and skills you will acquire through the Business Administration minor will serve you well upon graduation, helping you tremendously both in your job search and your ability to be successful in your career field. Students will:
- Learn the foundations of the various business disciplines and how they function together to create a sustainable business operation, giving you a key advantage over other applicants in your field when applying for the positions you want most, and will represent added value to any employer who hires you.
- Discover the principles and theories of marketing and market research and apply them to marketing program design-diving into social media and other marketing tools.
- Learn theories of economic behavior through the 18-credit Business Administration minor, and be able to explain economic decisions of consumers and firms within the markets and economies in which they participate.
- Create value for your future employer by learning how to read and create financial statements and exploring the impact of transactions on the financial position and profitability of a business by analyzing financial reports of real-world corporations.
- Learn key planning and models of organizational change and their impact on management practice.
- This minor is open to all from the Division of Communication & Creative Media, the Division of Education & Human Studies and the Division of Information Technology & Science (this minor is not available to students in majors in the Division of Business as Champlain's core business curriculum includes all the topic areas covered in the Business Administration minor).
- This minor will give you foundational knowledge and skills in microeconomics, financial accounting, financial management, marketing, as well as management and organizational behavior.
- If you graduate with a minor in Business Administration, regardless of your major, you'll also have completed most of the undergraduate prerequisite courses you'd need to begin pursuing an MBA-a wise move if you want to fast-track yourself for upper-level management and executive positions in your chosen field.
COURSES IN THIS MINOR MAY CURRENTLY INCLUDE:
Note: Students must also complete three credits from any of the following courses:
- ACCOUNTING (ACC)
- BUSINESS LAW (BLW)
- ECONOMICS (ECS)
- EVENT MARKETING (EVT)
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (INT)
- MANAGEMENT (MGT)
- MARKETING (MKT)
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MINOR?
Ask a question, and someone from our Admissions team will put you in touch with the faculty or staff member who can best answer your questions.