WHY CHOOSE TO MINOR IN PSYCHOLOGY?
No matter what your major is and what career path you choose to follow upon graduation, a foundational knowledge of psychology will be invaluable in your professional field. In a highly competitive marketplace, employers are looking for prospective employees who have credentials that distinguish them from the overflowing pool of applicants.
- Imply superior relational ability, strong teamwork skills, a fundamental understanding of human behavior, and excellent listening and communication abilities - all attributes highly prized in every organization.
- Involve yourself in extensive application of the skills learned in the classroom in real world settings.
- From your first year in the minor, you will be working with community leaders, business owners and service providers to solve problems in the Burlington community.
- Learn the proper skills to observe attitudes and the beliefs and behaviors of others, so you can predict human behavior in the real world and know how to appropriately respond to it.
- Select a number of elective Psychology courses in this minor such as Social Psychology, Positive Psychology and Abnormal Psychology, among others, each taught by a subject matter expert who is active in his/her applied field.
COURSES IN THIS MINOR MAY CURRENTLY INCLUDE:
Choose two of the following courses:
*NOTE: Because they are all within the same general sub-area of psychology (Developmental Psychology), only one of these courses will be credited toward the minor.
Choose one of the following courses:
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MINOR?
Ask a question, and someone from our Admission team will put you in touch with the faculty or staff member who can best answer your questions.