WHY CHOOSE TO MINOR IN MATH?
The 15-credit Mathematics Minor is designed for students across all majors who enjoy and are proficient in math. Prospective employer's value employees who have a formally demonstrated mathematical ability-and the credential of a minor in Mathematics on your resume will give you an advantage in the marketplace, no matter which career field you wish to enter.
- Acquire a solid foundation in the theory and techniques of at least three of the following four areas of mathematics: calculus, linear algebra, discrete mathematics and numerical methods.
- Interpret mathematical models in at least three of the areas listed above
- Apply mathematical techniques in at least one area of application, and formulate precise and relevant situational problems and determine valid methods of solving such problems.
- Achieve a greater level of confidence in approaching and solving problems from a mathematical
- Effectively communicate mathematical ideas and concepts and explain mathematical reasoning.
COURSES IN THIS MINOR MAY CURRENTLY INCLUDE:
Choose three from the following:
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS MINOR?
Ask a question, and someone from our Admission team will put you in touch with the faculty or staff member who can best answer your questions.