Short-Term Parking Lots at Champlain College
All regular parking lots (see locations in table below) on campus are considered short-term, pay-per-use lots. The Details:
- Every vehicle parked in these lots needs to display a valid Champlain College parking permit (commuter student, employee or guest).
- Payment is required between the hours of 8:00 AM–4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, during the academic year.
- After-hour parking is free, but vehicles are required to display a valid Champlain parking permit 24 hours per day.
- MIC lot has a 4-hour maximum per day.
- Payment can only be made using the Parkmobile app. Please ensure payment is complete BEFORE leaving your vehicle.
- Parkmobile zone numbers and lot locations can be seen on the Parking Map.
- Rates vary (see table below)
- North House
- Sanders Hall
- South House
- 175 Lakeside Ave
- City Streets
|Free hourly parking
- Skiff Hall
- 158 South Willard St
- 371 Main St
- 396 Main St
|$0.50 per hour (+ 40¢ transaction fee per parking session)
- MIC (Library)
- Summit Hall
- Jensen Hall
- Rowell Hall
|$1 per hour (+ 40¢ transaction fee per parking session)
||MIC Only has 4 hour limit
To use the Parkmobile App:
- Download the Parkmobile app at the Apple Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account, adding your vehicle and credit card information. Double-check your vehicle information is correct.
- Select the lot you parked in (look for a sign at the entrance and within the lot) and start a parking session with your desired time. Remember the daily time limits, and remain with your vehicle until payment is complete.
- A $0.30 convenience fee is charged per session for the $1 per-hour lots. Time, up to the maximum limit, may be added remotely if needed with no additional convenience fee.
- A receipt is not required to be displayed, just your valid Champlain parking permit.
Who can park in the short-term lots?
- Any Champlain employee or commuter student with a Zone 1 or Main Campus permit. Main Campus permit holders may NOT park in MIC or Skiff Hall lots between 8am-4pm.
- Visitors to campus, including parents and guest speakers. You must display a valid visitor parking permit and may use these parking spaces for free (no payment required). Visitor permits can be obtained by the Champlain employee hosting the guest using champlain.thepermitstore.com or by emailing email@example.com three days prior to the visit. See more details here.
- Disabled permit holders may use these spaces for free at any time.
- All Champlain employees or students must display a valid Champlain College Disabled Parking Permit decal on their windshield.
- All disabled visitors must display a state-issued handicap placard.
- Residential students (those with a Zone 2 or Zone 5 permit) may NOT park in these lots between 8:00 AM–4:00 PM on weekdays, even if they pay for the meter time. Residential students displaying a valid permit may use these parking lots after 4:00 PM until 8:00 AM, Monday through Friday, and all day on weekends.