ALL Parking Permits for Fall 2017 will be available to order on August 2nd at champlain.thepermitstore.com
Students and employees MUST obtain a Champlain College parking permit for their vehicle, each semester, regardless of where or when they park. Visitors and Vendors should obtain a temporary parking permit from their host employee or the Transportation Office prior to visiting. See the Visitor Parking page for details.
Ordering a Permit
ALL permits are ordered online at: champlain.thepermitstore.com. Applicants will be asked to create a new account in the system (this is different from your Champlain account). Select an account name that you will remember year after year (email is best) and create a password to access the account. Forgotten passwords can be retrieved at any time as long as the applicant can receive emails at the address used to create the account.
The following information is needed to complete a campus parking permit order:
- Personal Info-Name, Address, Email and College ID number
- Vehicle Info-Vehicle make, model, year, color and license plate number
- Payment-Credit card or electronic check. Payroll deduction is also available for qualified employees (this option ends after the first week of class)
If the application is approved a parking permit will be sent in the mail to your campus mail box or home address provided at registration. The permit takes approximately two weeks and comes from The Permit Store (not Champlain) in San Diego, CA so please make sure that you check your mail carefully and do not assume it's junk mail and recycle it. See example of the letter and of what the envelope will look like. While your permit is in the mail, you can print a 10-day temporary permit (from the date of order) to put on your dash. Print this from either the final confirmation screen when you order or in your account at champlain.thepermitstore.com under "View Permit"
Zone and Permit Summary
Permits are issued by zone detailed below depending on enrollment or employment status with the College, taking into account special needs.
- Zone 1 - Miller Center @ Lakeside. This free permit allows the holder (Employees and Commuter Students) to park at the Miller Center at Lakeside OR in one of the metered 'Short Term Parking' lots at Miller Information Commons, Skiff and Summit Hall (meter receipt required to be displayed).Time limits and fees apply in the metered lots.
- Zone 2 - 115 Lakeside. This permit allows the holder (Residential Students) to park at 115 Lakeside Ave lot ONLY between 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Friday. Residential students may not park in the metered lots or any city streets between 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Friday. After 4pm, Zone 2 permit holder may park in any "unrestricted" zoned lot or street around campus.
- Zone 3 - This permit allows the holder to park in one of five Zone 3 Champlain lots on the north side of campus (371 Main, 396 Main, 158 South Willard, Sanders and North). Some on-street parking is available on Main, Summit, Maple and S. Willard St (which is also public parking) within this designated zone but is not guaranteed. A Zone 3 permit holder may also park in one of the metered 'Short Term Parking' lots at Miller Information Commons, Skiff and Summit Hall (meter receipt required to be displayed). Zone 3 permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Zone 4 - This permit allows the holder to park in one of three Zone 4 Champlain lots on the south side of campus (Rowell/Jensen and South). Some on-street parking is available on Maple and S. Willard St (which is also public parking) within this designated zone but is not guaranteed. A Zone 4 permit holder may also park in one of the metered 'Short Term Parking' lots at Miller Information Commons, Skiff and Summit Hall (meter receipt required to be displayed). Zone 4 permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Zone 5 - Boardman Hall, 396 Main St and North House. This permit allows the holder to park under Boardman Hall or in the 396 Main St and North House lots. Zone 5 is reserved for residential Radiography and Education Major students, and students who work off campus until at least 11:00pm at least once per week. Zone 5 is enforced 24 hours, 7 days a week and NO OTHER PERMIT HOLDER SHALL PARK HERE ANYTIME. If Boardman Hall is fully occupied, please use other lots that are part of Zone 5 (396 Main and North) instead of other lots or the street. Zone 5 permit holders may not park in the metered lots or any city streets between 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Friday. Zone 5 permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. A Pre-Application and Documentation of employment conditions is required before a permit will be approved.
- Spinner Place residence hall. This permit allows parking within the parking garage at Spinner Place. Spinner Place residents may not park in the metered lots or any city streets between 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday-Friday. After 4pm, Spinner Place permit holders displaying a valid permit may park in any "unrestricted" zoned lot or street around campus. Spinner Place permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. A Pre-Application is required before a permit will be approved. Documentation may be required.
Click the following link to get a PDF of the official Campus Parking Map.
Fees shall be paid in full when ordering. Payroll deduction is also available for qualified employees (this option ends after the first week of class).
- Zone 1: Free for Commuter Students and Employees
- Zone 2: $100/semester for Residential Students
- Zone 3: For Commuter Students and Employees
- $170/semester for full-time
- $75/semester for part-time
- Zone 4: For Commuter Students and Employees
- $200/semester for full-time
- $90/semester for part-time
- Zone 5: $170/semester for Radiography, Education and students who work late
- Spinner Place: $341.36/semester
- ALL permit holders may park in the satellite lots at The Miller Center @ Lakeside without having to obtain special permission.
- Evening commuter students with a valid Zone 1 permit can park in any available lot (except West Hall/Perry Hall, Boardman Hall, Cushing, IDX or Finney Quad) or on-street zoned area after 4 p.m. for free, but the valid Champlain permit must be displayed at all times.
Placement and Display
Affix the decal to the lower drivers side corner of the front windshield. Decals must be clearly visible through the front windshield, so avoid placing behind any tinting. Please remove any expired permits from previous semesters. Permits must be properly displayed while in the College's assigned parking zones, including designated city streets. Vehicles not displaying the required permit will be cited for a fine and/or towed at the owner's expense.
One Permit Per Person
No employee or student can receive more than one permit per semester. Two cars may be associated with each permit, but only one registered car may be parked in College zones or designated parking areas at any one time and must display the parking permit decal. The parking permit decals are removable and shall be swapped between cars depending on which one will be brought to campus that day.
Notify email@example.com immediately if your permit is lost or stolen and to request a replacement permit. Once a replacement permit is ordered, the old permit is no longer valid. There is a $10 processing fee for replacement permits.
If you withdraw (or cease College employment) within 14 days of the semester commencing, 100% of the permit cost will be refunded, provided you return your permit to the Champlain Transportation Office within that time and permanently remove your vehicle from the campus.
If you change status from full time to part time within 14 days of the semester commencing, the net difference between full time and part time permit cost will be refunded. Permits are not transferable.
If you sell or otherwise transfer ownership of your vehicle, make sure you remove your permit decal from your vehicle so that you can use it on your new vehicle. Log into your account at champlain.thepermitstore.com to "Manage Vehicles" which allows you to change or update your vehicle information any time. Permits may not be transferred to other individuals or used on vehicles not registered for that permit.