Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When will I be paid?
A: Please view the pay schedules located here.

Q: Where do I find my W-2?
A: W-2s are located in ADP. The electronic access instructions for your W-2 are below. Please note, steps may vary slightly based on the user. Please find all reference guides for walkthroughs such as how to download your W-2, change direct deposit, change tax elections, and your personal information here.

  • Go to
  • Enter the Registration Code GMD1-W2, then click Continue
  • See this flyer for step-by-step instructions

Q: What do I do if I didn't submit my time before the deadline?
A: If you didn't submit your time before the deadline you will need to contact, to re-open that week.  However, if during a payroll week you will need to wait until payroll has been completed before we can re-open the week.

Q: How much vacation can I carry over?
A. Please review our Vacation - Staff policy which can be found here.  If you have further questions please email

Q: When does a one-time payment need to be entered to make payroll?
A: Five days prior to the pay date by 2pm.

Please email us at for any other questions.

Q: Name Change (Legal) 

A: Complete a name change in Oracle following these steps from the GMHEC Knowledge Base The employee will need to provide the legal name change documentation to the People Center. Acceptable documents include; certified court order, social security card with new name, marriage certificate, or divorce decree). Payroll and Benefits will be notified. 

  • Additional considerations once your name is changed in Oracle 
    • New ID Badge-email to change name on ID badge.
    • Email to have your email updated. Provide an alternative email address to send new log in info to.

Q: Employee Chosen Name Change

A: Champlain College recognizes that transgender, non-binary, and/or gender-nonconforming employees may not wish to use the name that they were assigned at birth, as it does not reflect their identity. We also recognize that for a variety of reasons, employees may not wish to go through a legal name change or may be in the middle of doing so, but wish to have their records reflect their chosen name before the process is complete. The College has a process in place to accommodate employees who wish to update their name and email address in many College systems. In this process Chosen Name can be updated for First Name only or First Name and Last Name.

Where Your Name Will Change:

Your Chosen Name will be reflected in Active Directory and Colleague. This update will extend to platforms dependent on Active Directory and Colleague, such as Gmail, Google, Canvas, and the telephone network.

  • If an employee already has an Event Management System (EMS) account with their old email address, and a new email address is created as part of the Chosen Name process, the employee can create a new EMS account with their updated credentials.
  • Once the process is complete you can request a new ID card from Compass by emailing

Where Your Name Will Not Change:

While your Chosen Name will be incorporated into Oracle's "Preferred Name" field, it will not replace your legal name in the system. Timecards, approval notifications, etc in Oracle will display both your Legal Name and Preferred Name. It is also important to note that your Legal Name will continue to appear on all communications related to payroll, taxes, and benefits.

To fill out the Chosen Name Change Request Form click here.