Get Connected

Reporting Options


Please note that while your privacy is a priority in every case, the resources listed as non-confidential are required to file reports and follow through with investigations upon gaining knowledge of an incident.

Members of the Champlain College community are encouraged to speak to College officials (Residential Life, Student Conduct, Campus Public Safety or the People Center) who can help you make formal reports and generate investigations of incidents. Students' reports made to the College will be investigated and pursued through the Student Conduct process. Formal reports are not strictly confidential; however, only college officials who need details of the incident in order to pursue the Student Conduct process will be notified.

Students wishing to keep the details of an incident fully confidential are encouraged to speak with an on-campus counselor. In addition to providing mental health and emotional support services, on-campus counselors are knowledgeable about the Student Conduct process and campus resources.

Confidential resources for faculty and staff are available through the Employee Assistance Program—please contact the People Center for more information. Of course, all members of the Champlain College community may also speak to local and national off-campus crisis centers such as the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (free phone call) or Hope Works, a 24-hour crisis center in Burlington, VT, at 1-800-489-7273 (free phone call).

Expand All
Collapse All



Campus Public Safety

The Campus Public Safety team is available 24/7 to all members of the Champlain College community. In addition to being an avenue to filing a report, Public Safety officers follow up on safety issues, connect students to other resources and provide educational programming to the College community.

Champlain College Counseling

Champlain College's Counseling & Accommodation Services Center offers a full range of confidential mental health services including individual and group counseling.

Residential Life

Residential students may seek out their RA or contact a member of the professional staff. All members of the Residential Life department receive training on a variety of issues, including diversity and inclusion, sexual violence and emergency response. 

Champlain College Health Center

Champlain's Student Health Center is open to all students, whether they're covered by college insurance or their parent or guardian's policy. The Health Center is available for both resident and commuter students.

Student Conduct Office

The mission of the Office of Student Conduct is to create a safe and respectful environment for students, faculty, staff and other community members, while ensuring positive outcomes and learning for students who find themselves in challenging situations.

Link to this FAQ



Burlington Police Department

Burlington Police Department
Antonio B. Pomerleau Building, One North Avenue
Phone: (802) 658-2704 / Emergency: dial 911

University of Vermont Medical Center

Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners are available in the emergency department to administer sexual assault forensic evidence kits and give medical assistance.

Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations

Provides criminal investigation services in response to reports of sexual assault, other serious sexual offenses, as well as child abuse and neglect.

Community Health Center

Under our umbrella of comprehensive services, community residents can access primary and preventive health care, dental services and mental health and substance abuse treatment in a compassionate, respectful and professional environment.

Hope Works

Hope Works provides crisis counseling and advocacy for those whose lives have been affected by sexual violence.

Pride Center of Vermont - SafeSpace

SafeSpace, a program of the Pride Center of Vermont, offers free and confidential services to LGBTQ survivors of all forms of abuse or violence.

Women Helping Battered Women

Women Helping Battered Women offers hotline, shelter and housing programs, children's programs, and legal advocacy programs to women, men, and children experiencing domestic violence.

Link to this FAQ

How to Report...

  • Sexual Misconduct (including sexual violence, sexual harassment, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking)
Link to this FAQ