Cross-Registration, Dual-Enrollment & Non-Degree Student Registration

Champlain offers cross-registration with Saint Michael's College, dual-enrollment for high-school students and non‚Äźdegree admission to students who wish to take undergraduate courses but do not wish to pursue an undergraduate degree. You can explore these options below.

Expand All
Collapse All

Champlain College and St. Michael's College have an agreement which allows students to take select classes at either campus during the academic year as part of their regular course load. The agreement does not apply to summer session or online courses. The following restrictions apply:

  • Only degree-seeking, undergraduate students, attending as at least three-quarters or full-time students are eligible.
  • Students must be in good academic standing as determined by their home institution.
  • Students must meet any pre-requirements. Questions about pre-requirements are referred to the dean, department chair or program director.
  • A student's faculty advisor is given authority to approve or deny the course choice prior to registration.
  • Limited to one course per student, per term, on a space available basis.
  • Student receives a true grade for their coursework, not just a "T" for transfer credit.
  • Available space in classes will be determined at a pre-set deadline by each college.
  • Only campus-based courses during the Fall or Spring semesters are eligible. No online or summer courses.
  • No payment is exchanged between institutions.

Please complete the Cross-College Registration Form and return the completed form to Jennifer Reardon-Brown, Assistant Registrar, in the Registrar's office in Perry Hall, Room 322. Jennifer can be reached at (802) 651-5850 or

Link to this FAQ

Administered by the Vermont State Colleges (VSC), Vermont's statewide Dual Enrollment Program allows high school students to earn college credit while still in high school or during the summer after they graduate. Eligible students may take one college course tuition-free at designated Vermont colleges, allowing them to experience college-level academics.

For more information, visit the State of Vermont Agency of Education website. High school students who are interested in taking a course at Champlain College through Vermont's Dual Enrollment Program should contact their guidance counselor or contact us directly at

Link to this FAQ

Champlain College offers non‚Äźdegree admission to students who wish to take undergraduate courses without pursuing an undergraduate degree. The four main populations of these students include:

  • A student from another college or university who wants to take a course but will graduate from another institution. It is the responsibility of the student to have the course(s) reviewed by the home institution for transfer.   
  • A college graduate needing additional credits to qualify for admission to a graduate or professional school.
  • A high school student who plans to take a college‚Äźlevel course during high school.
  • A person who is taking a class for personal enrichment but not to obtain a degree. Generally, these students will audit a course as they are not seeking credit.

Permission to attend Champlain College as a non‚Äźdegree student does not guarantee admission to Champlain College as a degree-seeking student. Non‚Äźdegree students are limited to 18 credit hours for undergraduate level courses.

Please view the Non-Degree Student Policy and Checklist for additional information.

To register as an undergraduate non-degree student at Champlain College, you must complete the following Non-Degree Student Registration Form. All non-degree students are registered on a space available basis one week prior to the start of the term or semester. Financial aid is not available for non-degree students.

Contact Information

Registrar's Office: Jennifer Reardon-Brown, Assistant Registrar, (802) 651‚Äź5850,

Champlain College Online: Brittany Robischon, Sr. Academic & Student Services Advisor, (802) 865‚Äź8462,

If you are interested in applying for admission to a specific undergraduate degree program, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (800) 570‚Äź5858 or (802) 383‚Äź6644. For online and continuing education programs, please contact Champlain College Online at (888) 545-3459.

Link to this FAQ