Non‐degree admission is available to qualifying students—both on our Burlington campus and for adults online—who want to take undergraduate courses but do not want to matriculate into an undergraduate degree program. Explore your options.

  • Administered by the Vermont State Colleges (VSC), Vermont’s statewide Dual Enrollment Program allows high school students to earn college credit while still in high school or during the summer after they graduate. Eligible students may take two college course tuition-free at designated Vermont colleges, allowing them to experience college-level academics.

    • No online courses are available to high school, dual-enrolled students.

    For more information, visit the State of Vermont Agency of Education website. High school students who are interested in taking a course at Champlain College through Vermont’s Dual Enrollment Program should contact their guidance counselor or contact us directly at

  • Champlain College offers non‐degree admission to students who wish to take undergraduate courses without pursuing an undergraduate degree-both on our Burlington campus and online, for qualifying adults.

    At our Burlington campus, the four main populations of these students include:

    A student from another college or university who wants to take a course but will graduate from another institution. It is the responsibility of the student to have the course(s) reviewed by the home institution for transfer.

    • A college graduate needing additional credits to qualify for admission to a graduate or professional school.
    • A high school student who plans to take a college‐level course during high school.
    • A person who is taking a class for personal enrichment but not to obtain a degree. Generally, these students will audit a course as they are not seeking credit.

    Permission to attend Champlain College as a non‐degree student does not guarantee admission to Champlain College as a degree-seeking student. Non‐degree students are limited to 15 credit hours for undergraduate level courses.

    Registering as a Non-Degree Student for Our Burlington Campus

    To register as an undergraduate non-degree student at Champlain College, you must complete the following Non-Degree Student Registration Form. All non-degree students are registered on a space available basis one week prior to the start of the term or semester. Financial aid is not available for non-degree students.

    Register as a Non-Degree Student on our Burlington Campus

    Contact Information

    Registrar’s Office: Kevin Duerr: Associate Registrar,, (802) 865-5758

    Registering as a Non-Degree Student for Champlain College Online

    Adults who wish to register as non-degree student for Champlain College Online must complete a short application so we can understand the courses you’re interested in and your motivation for completing them. We’ll also request a resume to make sure you have the requisite skills and knowledge to be successful in your non-degree coursework. Financial aid is not available for non-degree students.

    Contact Information

    Champlain College Online Admissions:, or call us at (888) 545-3459.

Office of the Registrar

Perry Hall, Room 322
163 S Willard Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM