Traditional Student Readmission

Returning to Champlain College

Students who wish to return to Champlain College as an undergraduate student after any separation must complete a formal application for readmission per the Readmission Policy.

. The process for returning is based on a student’s status when they were last enrolled. Readmission is appropriate if you:

  • Withdrew from the College for any reason
  • Were dismissed or suspended

All readmission applications are considered through the Registrar’s Office. Readmission is neither automatic nor guaranteed, and is subject to availability in each program. Every candidate for readmission will be given full consideration.

Students within the Continuing Professional Studies (CPS) division should contact their Academic Advisor. CPS students are not required to submit this readmission form.

Tuition Deposit

As part of the readmission process, the Tuition Deposit Form MUST be completed. Traditional students will not be officially allowed to register for classes until this form has been submitted.

Tuition Deposit Information

General Information for Readmission

Undeclared: Students who have earned 30 or more credits may not return to Champlain as Undeclared students without meeting with a member of the Registrar’s Office or the Office of Admissions.

Inactive Programs: Students wishing to return to the College in academic programs that have been inactivated may do so only with the permission of the Provost. Should you fall into this category, a member of the Registrar’s Office will contact you upon receipt of your readmission form.

Catalog Year: Students returning after being gone no more than 2 semesters are permitted to follow the degree requirements associated with their original catalog year. Students reapplying after a separation of more than 2 semesters are required to meet the degree requirements of the most current catalog year, unless otherwise authorized by the Provost.

Credits Limitations: The maximum number of credits that may be transferred is 75.

Deadlines: To be considered for the spring semester readmission applications must be completed by December 1st. To be considered for the fall semester, readmission applications must be completed by August 1st.

Readmission for Graduation: Students who wish to be reactivated or readmitted to Champlain in order to transfer in remaining credits for graduation should contact the Registrar’s Office at

Readmission after Academic Dismissal or Suspension: A student who has been dismissed for academic reasons or suspended for nonacademic reasons is eligible to request reinstatement through the process outlined in the Readmission Policy. Upon receipt of the readmission application and all corresponding documents, the Dean of the division and/or VP of Student Life will review the application package and notify the student of their decision.

Transcripts: Students who completed credits at another college after leaving Champlain must have an official transcript forwarded to the Registrar’s Office at Champlain. These transcripts should reflect all academic work undertaken since the student left Champlain. If the student is approved for readmission with coursework in progress, the student’s admission status will be provisional pending receipt of the final transcript.

Residential Life: Champlain College does not guarantee on-campus housing for readmitted students. If you request on-campus housing, Residential Life will be notified.

Office of the Registrar

Perry Hall, Room 322
163 S Willard Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM