The accuracy, integrity and security of your academic records is one of our top priorities.

Your student records include course registration, grades, withdrawals, transfer credits, degree conferrals, enrollment, and Veterans records.

Access to Records

Parents doing home finances and talking to teenager son

FERPA Consent for Education Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Once a student turns 18 or enrolls in an institution of higher education, the rights belong to the student. The FERPA Consent Form must be completed by the student.

Authorized Users for Bill Pay

A student may designate Authorized Users (parents or guardians) to help manage the bill paying process. Unless parents/guardians are specifically authorized, only the student will have access to view and/or pay the bill. The student must grant access to become an Authorized User.

Directory Information Opt Out

While directory information such as name, address, telephone is not typically part of student privacy laws such as FERPA, students can choose to restrict the disclosure of such information. To opt out of sharing directory information, please contact the Office of the Registrar by phone or email.

Official Document Requests

  • A transcript is a complete record of a student’s enrollment at Champlain College, including all undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses.

    Transcripts are issued by the National Student Clearinghouse at the written request of the student or alumnus. The National Student Clearinghouse allows you to track the progress of your transcript order and receive updates via text if you would like. The only way to receive a secure, certified electronic version of your transcript is to use this service.

    Visit the Clearinghouse to order your transcript online. Choose Order or Track a Transcript at the bottom of the list.

  • If your degree has been posted and you have already received your original diploma/certificate, you may order a replacement diploma if necessary.

    Replacement diplomas are available to former Champlain students by completing this form.

  • Students attending college often need to have their enrollment verified. Specifically, it is common for students to need proof of enrollment to be eligible for insurance coverage and student loan deferment. Please keep the following points in mind when requesting enrollment verification services:

    • Compass Student Services is only able to verify a student’s enrollment in a current semester or a semester in the past.
    • Students are verified as full-time if they are registered for 12 or more credits. Students carrying fewer than 12 credits are verified as part-time.

    Champlain College uses the National Student Clearinghouse Student Self-Service Enrollment Verification. The Student Self-Service site saves you a trip to the Registrar’s Office by providing you with the ability to perform the following services securely via the Web, 24/7:

    • Print enrollment verification certificates to send to health insurers, housing providers or other organizations requiring proof of your enrollment (including ski resorts for awesome student discounts!)
    • View the deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to your lenders
    • Obtain a list of your student loan lenders and link to real-time loan information
    • View your enrollment history
    • View enrollment verification provided to student service providers at your request

    The Student Self-Service website is free, easy to use and secure. You can try it for yourself right now by logging in to the Clearinghouse with your student login and password.

Update Your Personal Information

  • Current students: Please complete the Address Change Request Form. You will be asked to sign in to your Champlain College account.

    Alumni: Change your address or phone number by completing the form on this page.

  • Champlain College recognizes that transgender, non-binary, and/or gender-nonconforming students may not use the name that they were assigned at birth, as it does not reflect their identity. We also recognize that, for a variety of reasons, students may not wish to go through a legal name change—or may be in the middle of doing so—but don’t want to use their dead name in class and on campus in the meantime. To accommodate this, the College has staff in place to assist students who wish to update their email addresses, academic class listings, and ID cards with their chosen name.

    To inquire about or begin the process of updating an email address, academic class listing, and ID card, please complete the Chosen Name Request Form. Students wishing to learn more about the specific scope of this option before completing the form should contact Lisa Mazzariello at, located in IDX Student Life Center 315.

  • Please complete this form if you prefer your instructor and peers to call you by a name other than your first name currently displayed in Canvas. Example cases are students who solely or primarily go by a nickname or a middle name. Please note that this form will only change your name in Canvas — not in any other campus-wide systems.

Office of the Registrar

Perry Hall, Room 322
163 S Willard Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM