Registration for on-campus undergraduate students occurs twice per year: once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester.

Students are assigned a time called a Registration Window to register for classes. Be prepared by working in advance with your Faculty Advisor and Academic Specialist to register for classes through the Student Planning module in Self Service.

Understanding Registration

student works on her laptop in the sarah ramsey lab

Student Planning

Student Planning is a module in Self Service that allows you to plan out your courses for your entire Champlain College career. Review your plans with your Faculty Advisor, have them approved, and be ready to register for your courses! You can also find your registration window, the name of your Faculty Advisor, and whether you have any registration holds.

Registration Holds

A registration hold means the college needs you to do something in order to register for classes. Registration hold information can be viewed in a banner in the Student Planning module of Self Service. Your Academic Specialist will help you understand the holds and connect you to the offices you need to work with to resolve them.


Being waitlisted means that the class already has the maximum number of students allowed. If you join the waitlist, you may be allowed into the class if a registered student drops out of the class. Being on the waitlist does not guarantee you a seat in the class. We recommend adding a backup course to your schedule if you are on a waitlist.

Change Your Major

Thinking about changing or choosing a major? Find out how.

Change/Declare a Major

Course Withdrawal

There are occasions when you may choose to withdraw from a course. You may withdraw from a course until the Friday of the 11th week of the semester and receive a “W” on your transcript; after this time, you may not withdraw from a course.

To do so, submit a completed Course Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office prior to withdrawing from a class.

Course Withdrawal Form

Add a Minor!

A minor can be a great way to demonstrate additional or specialized skills or to simply explore an interest outside your major.

Add a Minor to Your Degree
  • campus buildings, lake and mountains in the background
    Withdrawing from Champlain College

    For various reasons, a student may choose to withdraw from Champlain College either temporarily or permanently. This process begins by submitting a College Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office. Simply not going to class does not constitute an official withdrawal. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the withdrawal form is submitted.

    Students who permanently separate from the College will have their tuition and fees adjusted according to the applicable Refund Policy published by the College.

  • Champlain College sign outside of Skiff Hall
    Reenrollment & Readmission

    A student who wishes to return to Champlain College as an undergraduate student, after any separation, must contact the Registrar’s Office and complete a re-entry form. The student’s academic record and GPA remain intact during separation.

Office of the Registrar

Perry Hall, Room 322
163 S Willard Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM