Incoming students have a variety of opportunities for receiving credit for past work.

Champlain College students also have avenues for seamless admission into graduate programs through admission agreements with partnering institutions.

Credit for High-School Students

student working in fireside with a serious expression

Credit by Exam

Champlain accepts credit from the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) tests.

  • CLEP Exam: Requires a minimum score of 50 or better.
  • AP Test: Requires a score of 3 or better.

High-School Dual Enrollment

Vermont’s Dual Enrollment Program allows high school students to earn college credit while still in high school or during the summer after they graduate. Eligible students may take two college courses tuition-free at designated Vermont colleges, allowing them to experience college-level academics.

Pre-College Summer Programs

Champlain College offers a variety of pre-college summer programs for high school students looking to gain hands-on experience in a variety of exciting and in-demand fields. Some programs also allow you to earn transferable college credits.

Transfer Course Approval

Students requesting to take transfer coursework outside of Champlain College during a summer/winter term must fill out the appropriate forms.

Process for Transfer Course Approvals

Transferring Credits

Community College of Vermont logo Male student wearing a Champlain College logo sweatshirt walks down a set of steps on campus

Credit Transfer Process

All transfer applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions as part of their application, including transcripts from institutions attended while in high school as part of an early college or dual enrollment program.

Once the application and official transcripts have been received, our transfer credit evaluator will conduct a personalized evaluation and summary.

Transferring with an Associate Degree

Through the Degree Design Lab’s  Transfer Pathway program, students with an Associate Degree can transfer 60 to 75 of their credits towards Champlain’s Integrative Professional Studies program-no matter what they previously studied. From there, they will only need to complete an additional 60 credits-two academic years-to achieve this Bachelor of Science Degree.

NEBHE / CCV Transfer Guarantee Program

The Community College of Vermont (CCV) and Champlain College are a part of the Vermont Transfer Guarantee Agreement.

The transfer guarantee agreement makes it easy for you to continue your associate degree studies and puts you on track to complete your bachelor’s degree.

Bachelor’s to Master’s Pathways

Through Champlain College Online, you can smoothly transition from undergraduate to graduate student, enhancing your skills and career opportunities. You can even pursue a certificate or master’s degree while you work with CCO’s convenient online classes.

Learn About Pathways to Advanced Degrees 

Graduate Admissions Agreements

Champlain has admission agreements with partnering institutions to allow traditional undergraduate Champlain College students opportunities to further their studies with seamless admission and/or generous scholarships.

  • Champlain College has a special agreement with NYU’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies. Students with a G.P.A. of 3.25 or greater can be granted “auto-admission” to select Masters Degrees and Graduate Certificate programs offered through NYU, including an M.S. in Management and Systems and an M.S. in Global Affairs.

    For more information about the entrance requirements, please contact the Cynthia Perez, Director of Admissions at New York University’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies, at or (212) 998-7100.

  • Two-Year Juris Doctor or Traditional Three-Year Juris Doctor Program

    Champlain College has partnered with New York Law School so highly qualified Law students from Champlain College, upon recommendation from the program director, may be admitted on merit scholarship to either the two-year Juris Doctor program or the traditional three-year Juris Doctor program. The minimum annual scholarship is $25,000 for the two-year program and $15,000 for the three-year program, and guaranteed housing is provided by NYLS.

    For more information about the entrance requirements, please contact Tony Perriello at (802) 651-5989 or

  • Juris Doctor or Joint J.D./Master of Studies in Environmental Law Degree Programs

    The purpose of this agreement is to guarantee admission into Vermont Law School’s J.D. or joint J.D./M.S.E.L degree program to Champlain College students who successfully complete Champlain’s requirements for the bachelor’s degree and who also meet the entrance requirements stated in the agreement.

    For more information about the entrance requirements, please contact Tony Perriello at (802) 651-5989 or

Office of the Registrar

Perry Hall, Room 322
163 S Willard Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM