Complaints to State Agencies

The College has several internal grievance and complaint procedures that students are encouraged to make use of as appropriate and necessary.  In terms of resources outside the College, if you wish to file a complaint with the College’s accreditor (the New England Commission of Higher Education), with the Vermont Department of Education, with the Vermont Human Rights Commission, and/or with the Vermont Attorney General’s Office, the contact information for each entity is, respectively, as follows:

  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), 3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4514. Phone: 781.425.7785; Fax: 781.425.1001. Web:
  • Vermont Department of Education, 120 State Street – Montpelier, VT 05620-2501.  Phone: 802.828.3135.  Web:
  • Vermont Human Rights Commission, 14-16 Baldwin Street, Montpelier, VT 05633-6301.  Phone: 800.416.2010, x25; Fax: 802.828.2481; 877.294.9200 (TTY).  Web:
  • Vermont Attorney General’s Office, 109 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05609-1001.  Phone: 802.828.3171 802.828.3665 (TTY).  Web:

A statement from the Vermont Department of Education about resolution of complaints regarding postsecondary education-related matters.