The Information Technology field is growing rapidly, and businesses are looking for well-rounded computer scientists who are skilled in a full spectrum of emerging technologies and able to envision complex and innovative solutions to technical challenges in order to meet business goals and stay ahead of the competition.
Through our pragmatic and flexible approach to education, you will not only learn foundational skills in computer science, but you will be able to focus your degree to an area of interest that allows you be immediately valuable in today's workforce by taking a more contemporary approach to the analysis, design and implementation of critical software applications.
Upon completion of their academic and internship requirements, graduates of Champlain College's undergraduate Computer Science & Innovation Program will:
- Systems Thinking. Analyze, design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- Problem Solving. Identify problems and formulate solutions for systems and organizations while reconciling conflicting objectives and finding compromises.
- Communication. Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Teamwork. Work effectively as part of a team to develop and deliver quality software artifacts.
- Context Awareness. Design solutions using approaches that integrate ethical, social, legal, and economic responsibilities.
- Cultural and Global Awareness. Recognize the applicability of computing and evaluate its impact on individuals, organizations, and global society.
- Professional Practice. Evaluate and use appropriate methods and professional standards in computing practice.
- Professional Development. Explore historical, current, and emerging techniques and technologies, founded on a commitment to life-long learning and professional development.
- Technical Expertise. Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics within technical domains.
- Pragmatic Approach. Apply computing theory and programming principles to practical software design and development.