Have you always wanted to be in charge of what you learn?
Due to the customizable nature of work done in the Degree Design Lab (DDL), each student's curriculum will be different. Students in this program work under the guidance of their faculty mentor to plan course sequences, complete successful projects, maximize experiential learning opportunities, and demonstrate the competencies employers consistently seek.
You can weave together your learning from two to three areas of Champlain's curriculum to create your Integrative Professional Studies major in the Degree Design Lab.
- Activist Marketing
- Alternative Justice Studies
- Broadcast Media & Production
- Business Administration
- Business Analytics
- Communication: Communication Studies
- Communication: Media Production
- Communication: Media Writing
- Communication: Public Relations/Strategic Communication
- Community Management
- Computer & Digital Forensics
- Computer Networking & Cybersecurity
- Computer Science
- Conflict Management
- Criminal Justice
- Data Science
- Digital Marketing
- Environmental Studies & Policy
- Event Management
- Foreign Languages
- Forensic Accounting
- Game Programming
- Global Studies
- Human Resource Management & Organization Development
- Information Technology
- Interactive Narrative
- International Business
- Managing Information Systems
- Mobile Application Development
- Organizational Innovation
- Professional Writing
- Public Relations
- Social Justice
- Social Work
- Software Engineering
- Sonic Arts
- Web Development
Your curriculum will include Degree Design Lab courses over your four years at Champlain. These DDL courses act as a bridge between your chosen fields and foster interdisciplinary, collaborative thinking.
The Degree Design Lab was built with experiential learning in mind. You’ll have ample opportunity to take on internships and real-world projects, and we strongly encourage you to study abroad—that time will be built into your individual curriculum.
It may help to see some examples so you can visualize the possibilities. Here's some inspiration:
- Data Science | Marketing | Communication: Help corporations refine their digital marketing strategies by analyzing search engine algorithms and results.
- Education | Communication | Global Studies: Work on advocacy at an international level promoting female empowerment through girls' access to educational opportunities.
- Environmental Studies & Policy | Business Administration: Start a consulting firm whose mission is to help other organizations adopt environmentally friendly and regulatory-compliant practices for future success.
- Entrepreneurship | Professional Writing | Broadcast Media Production: Launch your own niche YouTube channel and be prepared to monetize the content through an understanding of both the creative production aspects of digital media as well as the financial aspects of making a website profitable.