The Spot Award is presented to Faculty and Staff by their manager for work that goes above and beyond. Ways for going above and beyond are:
- Working beyond normal hours on a project to complete it (note - working long hours is NOT the only factor)
- Innovative solution to improve a process
- Taking the lead to implement an idea
- Volunteering to take the lead on a project
- Going the extra mile in customer service to help someone in the Champlain Community or external customer
- Leading a community service project for employees and co-workers
- Take on a leadership role in a campus group such as staff council, campus committee
To nominate someone please send a written request to the People Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The People Center will hold gift cards for selection and fast turnaround.
- Managers are expected to use discretion and judgment.
- Not all employees will receive one/more per year.
Award is $25 - $75 gift card to be selected by manager from available chooses at the time.