Contact Devin Paden or Adam Goldstein, Program Directors
Computer Networking & Cybersecurity Career Success
Why Computer Networking & Cybersecurity?
As computers, the Internet and networks evolve, communication and data systems have become increasingly complex, and operate with speeds and traffic volumes that make it difficult to protect both the systems themselves and data they process.
The same complexity provides avenues of vulnerability that can range from simple annoyances to liabilities and losses costing millions of dollars in damage or lost revenue. In today's society, we've come to depend on fast and reliable Internet usage. We must also be sure that our interactions are secure, and that information systems are able to respond to threats and attacks.
The computer networking and cybersecurity field offers a world of exciting career possibilities:
- system administrator
- network engineer
- information security representative
- technical support specialist
- systems analyst
Why Computer Networking & Cybersecurity at Champlain?
Champlain College has been designated as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency. The course content and curriculum meets the criteria established by the NSA and the Department of Homeland Security.
This four-year academic program gives students:
- an extensive foundation in the full range of designing, building and securing enterprise network and computing environments;
- proficiency in server software installation, systems administrative functions, networks and network services configurations and LAN and WAN technology and protocols;
- a wide array of networking, systems administration and cybersecurity courses combined with small classes and hands-on activities.
- an excellent learning environment in a city with great employment opportunities for students in this major, both during and after college.
In fact, of the graduates in the Computer Networking & Cybersecurity Class of 2017, 100% secured jobs in their fields within six months of graduation,and all of them were in positions relevant to their career goals.
Champlain Computer Networking & Cybersecurity Graduates Are Ready.
In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, each of Champlain's career-focused majors features learning opportunities and programs that help our students create highly marketable resumes.
- All Computer Networking & Cybersecurity faculty are professionals in their field, which is an essential factor in our students getting the most cutting-edge education possible.
- Students acquire extensive practical networking experience through employment and internships with organizations like the Department of Homeland Security, MIT Lincoln Lab and the National Security Agency.
- Students receive extensive exposure to information security at all levels, from desktop operating systems to cyberspace.
- Computer Networking & Cybersecurity students have an opportunity to compete in a regional annual cyber defense competition and in coferences such as the Women in Cybersecurity and Def-Con conferences.
- Students are able to broaden their skill set through additional networking/security electives. Available electives include wireless networking, virtualization, network programming and cyber defense.