One of the most important values we teach at Champlain College is that no matter what place each of us calls home, we are all citizens of the world participating in a global society.
Champlain takes an active approach to fostering this common humanity and promoting the international perspectives required for shared peace and prosperity. The College welcomes students from countries across the world to attend classes on our beautiful Burlington, Vermont, campus.
Foreign study and off-campus travel are built into many curriculums, and more than half of all students take advantage of opportunities like these:
- Champlain College campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland, give students the chance to live and learn abroad as a seamless part of their Champlain experience.
- Third-party programs allow students to study nearly anywhere in the world; students have studied in locations such as Argentina, China, Italy, Scotland and New Zealand.
- The Champlain Passport Program awards a free United States passport to all passport-eligible sophomores with a first-year GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- International internships, available in cities around the world, simultaneously supply invaluable work experiences and global lessons.
- Exchange programs with partner institutions in other countries bring a diverse global presence to our Burlington campus while allowing our own students to spend an unforgettable semester abroad.
- Service-in-Action trips give students inspiring opportunities to explore different cultures and perform volunteer work in places where their peers usually vacation.
Learn more about Champlain College's International Education